– Logical issues such as deleted files, overwritten file system, minor media damage, minor file system damage.
– Physical issues such as damaged electronics, significant media damage, firmware issues, major file system damage.
– Physical issues such as damaged read/write heads, seized motor.
– This level is not applicable to SSD.
– Physical issues so severe that most labs would call unrecoverable and require our advanced team to engineer a custom solution.
– Drives sent for second opinion after another lab has called the project unrecoverable would likely fall into this category, unless they were misdiagnosed by the other lab.
– Drives that arrive with a broken seal have a higher chance of falling under this category.
– Physical damage caused by fire, water or other disaster type situation.